Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Videos of 2006 - Who's the winner

I've embedded a youtube playlist of the nominated videos from the PLUG Independent Music Awards here. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the majority, many of which I had never seen before. Take a look for yourself:



In order my top 3 though have to be:

3. Wolf Parade - "I'll Believe in Anything" (dir. Matt Moroz)

2. The Knife - "We Share Out Mother's Health" (dir. Motomichi Nakamura)

1. Danielson - "Did I Step On Your Trumpet?" (dir. Christian Palladino)

The Wolf Parade video is very well made, and great acting whereas the Knife seemed intensely visually inventive and mesmerising, very much in keeping with the mood of their music.
However, and maybe this is the lo-fi sensibilities that I've had since I fell in love with Pavement's Watery Domestic, the Danielson video made me smile from ear to ear and was just a wonderful visual treat - simple and effective and very relevant to the quirky lyrics of the song.

2 comments:

Klopek said...

Liking your blog dude. Very soothing on the eye! How did u get it to be so...'wide'? Is it just the template u chose or did you tinker?

Klopek said...

I just realised who CSS are now. That video was driving me insane on MTV2 for a while - going to steer clear of them methinks. I think they met through some online Brazilian community or something didn't they? I think I know too much about something I don't like...

 

Flowers Online
Web Counter